DALAUDIO's Studio STD Gainclone LM3875 Chip Amplifier exceeds 100 watts across 2 channels, and delivers clean detailed sound for your critical listening pleasure. Inspired by the sound quality of amps costing five times as much, our design has been used on many high quality professional audio projects. The basis of this amplifier project is the National Semiconductor LM Series, or Gainclone Amplifier Chips. The LM3875 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 56W of continuous average power to an 8 Ohm load with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- This DALAUDIO Retro Amplifier (tm) utilizes high quality printed circuit boards in the "non-inverted design” which to us simply sounds better.
- Chassis Type: Studio - extruded aluminum black chassis with DALAUDIO faceplate provides a small footprint in a solid package.
- Built by hand with meticulous care in our Ohio workshop, this is a fully tested prototype amplifier.
- Chip Amp type: Two (2) National Semiconductor LM series National Semiconductor - LM3875 - High-Performance 56W Audio Power Amplifiers with a total power output in excess of 100 watts (50 watts per channel)
- Main Board: DALAUDIO designed form factor high quality printed circuit boards that feature a minimum of point to point wiring to eliminate the possibility of noise. Components soldered by hand. Tested individually prior to final amplifier assembly.
- Power Supply: Dual PSU utilizes dual pairs of four MUR860 diodes. Filtering is accomplished through 4.7 UF 100V capacitors on PSU board.
- Transformer (Mains): (Toroidal) 160VA 22v/22v,
- Speaker Terminal Type: Standard Color Coded Black and Red - For direct wire compression or banana plug
- Audio Input Jacks: Standard Gold plated (color coded insert) RCA jacks
- Approximate Dimensions: Depth 10.25”, Height 3.75”, Width 6.75”
- Heat Sink: External extruded configuration with center cutout. Allows more than adequate cooling.
- Power Input: Removable IEC 3 prong power cord
- Power Switch: Front panel power switch with indicator lamp.
- Fuse: Internal bus type fuse.
- LM3875 Output and Operating Characteristics per National Semiconductor Datasheet: The LM3875 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 56W of continuous average power to an 8 Ohm load with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz to 20kHz.
To maximize the potential of this amplifier, the peripheral equipment must have a good detailed source. If a noisy preamp is used (as this is only an amplifier it does not have any volume control or source buffering or equalization) a lackluster sound will result. Likewise with detailed sound, the amp will produce detail out. And the sound is fast as it is detailed. With no input the amp will be dead quiet.
These amps must be powered up with no source input volume. We have limited noise reduction filters to provide the best possible sound. Pops may be heard if you power up the units with the source active.
NOTE: PCB color may differ from what is pictured.