The Studio Gainclone LM3875 Mono Block Chip Amplifiers Pair by Dalaudio exceeds 50 watts per channel, and delivers clean detailed sound for your critical listening pleasure. Inspired by the sound quality of amps costing five times as much, our chip amp designs have been used on many high quality professional audio projects. The basis of this amplifier project is the National Semiconductor LM Series, or Gainclone Amplifier Chips. The LM3875 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 56W of continuous average power to an 8 Ohm load with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- These DALAUDIO Studio Mono Block Amplifiers (tm) utilize high quality printed circuit boards in a "non-inverted design” which to us simply sounds better.
- Chassis Type: Studio - Extruded aluminum black chassis with DALAUDIO faceplate provides a tight footprint in a solid package.
- Built by hand with meticulous care in our Ohio workshop, these are fully tested prototype amplifiers.
- Chip Amp type: One (1) per each Mono Block of National Semiconductor LM series National Semiconductor - LM3875 - High-Performance 56W Audio Power Amplifier with a total power output in excess of 100 watts (50 watts per channel)
- Power Supply: Dual PSU utilizes dual pairs of four MUR860 diodes. Filtering is accomplished through 4.7 UF 100V capacitors on PSU board.
- Transformer (Mains): (Toroidal) 160VA 22v/22v.
- Speaker Terminal Type: Standard Color Coded Black and Red - For direct wire compression or banana plug
- Audio Input Jacks: Standard Gold plated (color coded insert) RCA jacks
- Approximate Dimensions: Depth 10.25”, Height 3.75”, Width 6.75” (each)
- Power Input: Removable IEC 3 prong power cord
- Power Switch: Front panel power switch with indicator lamp.
- Fuse: Internal non servicable bus type fuse.
- LM3875 output and operating characteristics per datasheet: The LM3875 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 56W of continuous average power to an 8 Ohm load with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz to 20kHz. See our Gainclone FAQ for extended specs for the LM3875.
To maximize the potential of these amplifiers, the peripheral equipment must have a good detailed source. If a noisy preamp is used (as this is only an amplifier it does not have any volume control or source buffering or equalization) a lackluster sound will result. Likewise with detailed sound, the amps will produce detail out. And the sound is fast as it is detailed. With no input the amps will be dead quiet.
These amps must be powered up with no source input volume. We have limited noise reduction filters to provide the best possible sound. Pops may be heard if you power up the units with the source active.