LM3886 ChipAmp in external power suppply configuration with integrated volume control, built within two half-size Studio chassis connected by 12, 24, or 36 inch power connector cord. This external PSU configuration minimizes interference, enabling the addition of a volume control without compromising sound quality. Built by hand with meticulous care in our Ohio workshop, this is a fully tested prototype amplifier.
This unit is a prototype. Front and rear plates have been repurposed from other amp designs, so the level of finish is atypical for DALAUDIO, but the audio engineering is of highest quality. We're quite pleased with the sonics with this design. So much so, that we'll give you two weeks to audition it. If you're not impressed, send it back for a full refund. All you're out is the return shipping cost.
- Fast amp delivers detailed sound. With no input the amp will be dead quiet.
- This DALAUDIO Studio Amplifier (tm) utilizes high quality printed circuit boards in a non inverted design,which to us simply sounds better.
- The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a 4 Ohm load and 38W into 8 Ohm with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz-20kHz.
- External snubber power supply.
- Chassis Type: Studio - small extruded aluminum anodized black with DALAUDIO faceplate dual extruded aluminum BLACK chassis.
- Chip Amp type: Two (2) National Semiconductor LM series LM3886 - High-Performance Audio Power Amplifiers with a total power output capability in excess of 120 watts (60 watts per channel), dependent on speakers impedance values as listed below.
- Main Board: high quality printed circuit boards that features a minimum of point to point wiring to eliminate the possibility of noise. (Board colors may vary from those pictured)
- Transformer (Mains): (Toroidal) 160VA 22v/22v,
- Volume Control: Alps Blue Velvet stereo 100K audio taper potentiometer
- Speaker Terminal Type: Standard Color Coded Black and Red - For direct wire compression or banana plug
- Audio Input Jacks: Standard Gold plated (color coded insert) RCA jacks
- Approximate Dimensions (per each half): Depth 6” (including heatsink), Height 3.75”, Width 6.75”
- Heat Sink: External extruded configuration with center cutout
- Power Input: Removable IEC 3 prong power cord
- Power Switch: Front panel power switch with indicator lamp
- Fuse: bus type fuse
- LM3886 Output and Operating Characteristics per datasheet: The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a 4 Ohm load and 38W into 8 Ohm with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz-20kHz.
These amps must be powered up with no source input volume. We have limited noise reduction filters to provide the best possible sound. Pops may be heard if you power up the units with the source active.
Also available with LM3875. Inquire to order.